Effective inventory management is fundamental to a global manufacturing supply chain strategy. Most companies struggle to balance cost and service on a daily basis. They spend significant time and money managing their supplier base to achieve this goal, but too often results are inconsistent and unpredictable. Inventory management becomes reactive and labour intensive, which reverberates across the supply chain causing:
- Unscheduled production downtime
- Excess inventory carrying costs
- Expedited shipments and premium freight charges
- Increased administrative costs
- Inaccurate forecasting and production scheduling
- Inability to commit to customer service requests
To meet these challenges, manufacturers have turned to the CDC TradeBeam collaborative inventory solution, i-Supply. i-Supply optimises inventory levels by providing the visibility necessary to minimise risk, reduce emergency shipments and improve order accuracy and lead time.