Applied Biosystems serves the life-science industry and research community by developing and marketing instrument-based systems, consumables, software, and services. It is the largest supplier of life-science tools worldwide with more than 40,000 customers in more than 100 countries.
Prior to implementing CDC Marketing Automation, Applied Biosystems conducted very little e-mail marketing. The company had approximately 10,000 e-mail addresses in its customer database when it began using CDC Marketing Automation—today, thanks to its growing mastery of online channels, it has almost 300,000—a 3,000% increase in the company’s online audience since 2000. Online marketing is now the company’s primary promotional channel.
In addition to instituting an effective e-mail channel, CDC Marketing Automation helped Applied Biosystems open up lines of communication, manage events, and generate leads from the web.
- Online marketing grew from virtually non-existent to primary channel
- Innovative products get to market faster
- Sophisticated list segmentation and profiling
- Marketing can track detailed metrics on inbound and outbound campaigns
- Manages event registrations, surveys, reminders, and follow-ups for 100 events worldwide per year