It is widely recognised that seasonal peaks put pressures on demand and supply planning. The on-going business objectives, however, remain the same. They are to:
- Reducing operating costs and waste
- Increasing production capacity
- Improving customer service
- Improving employee satisfaction
- Assuring regulatory compliance
The above objectives have been put into practice by Heinz Single Service in the UK at its Telford production plant. Heinz is a long established market leader and has maintained this position as the result of clever management.