Vancouver, BC, January 29, 2003
Pivotal builds momentum in financial services with specialized solutions for capital markets, commercial banking, private banking and asset management
— Pivotal Corporation (Nasdaq: PVTL; TSX: PVT), the leading provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software for mid-sized enterprises, today announced the general availability of two new financial services offerings that combine Pivotal’s acclaimed three-tier, meta-data driven CRM software with specialized features, services and best practices for asset management and private banking.
“Pivotal is demonstrating clear momentum in the financial services industry with the release of distinct offerings for private banking, asset management, commercial banking and the capital markets,” said Bo Manning, president and CEO, Pivotal. “We have developed these new offerings by working closely with our existing customers to gain a deep understanding of the needs in each of these niche segments including business model requirements, workflow processes, and customer buying patterns. No other CRM vendor has such a targeted strategy to address each segment’s unique business needs.”
Managing other people’s assets is a business based largely on a deep understanding of clients’ needs and underlying investment strategy. It is a highly competitive business – institutions and private clients that use asset management services are sophisticated investors that demand fast, value-added service. As a result, private bankers and asset managers must tailor investment solutions to meet the specific needs of each client – whether they are individual retail investors or institutions. Pivotal has worked closely with asset management and private banking institutions around the world to develop solutions that allow these organizations to deliver a higher a quality of service to clients, enhance sales collaboration, and increase share of wallet.
Dresdner RCM Global Investors’ the global asset management division of Dresdner Bank, based in London recognized that in order to continue building on its solid client base, the company would need to further enhance and customize the way it handled relations with major institutional and retail investors. After an extensive evaluation of the top CRM vendors, the company selected Pivotal as part of its strategy to meet the sophisticated investment needs of its clients. According to Graham Kellen, eCRM project manager, Dresdner RCM Global Investors (UK) Ltd., “Pivotal is a critical system to our business - it allows us to deliver a higher level of service, using timely information about our clients. It was a strategic investment that delivered quick ROI. Using Pivotal's intuitive interface to assemble and present information, then profile and segment our client base, we gained new seven figure sales from cross-sell and up-sell opportunities almost immediately.”
Pivotal’s new offerings are tailored to meet the unique business needs of asset management and private banking institutions – they feature pre-configured business rules and workflow, highly adaptable data models, and robust customization tools. Private bankers and asset managers are empowered with an intuitive desktop and one-click access to important client information. In addition, it gives users that tools and information to deliver a higher level of service to valuable customers, quickly recognize sales opportunities as market conditions change, and increase share of wallet. These offerings seamlessly integrate with existing legacy banking systems providing users with a complete view of customer information and transaction history from one centralized location.
Additional highlights include:
- A flexible relationship model and financial influence tracker that allows asset managers and private bankers to track all the different types of relationships between customers and define the influence that particular customers have over related accounts.
- Customer profiling tools that enable users to build a comprehensive customer view with detailed information on preferences, share of wallet, credit history, profitability ratings, financial account portfolios, assets, and products and accounts held with competing institutions. It also enables users to instantly recognize all products held and services used by the customer at any point of contact within the bank. This consolidated view gives asset managers and private bankers seamless management of customer relationships from a single intuitive interface.
- A portfolio allocation planner that collects profile and risk tolerance information that is passed to a third party application which calculates optimal portfolio mixes. This feature gives asset managers and private bankers the ability to recognize which area of a client’s portfolio requires attention.
- Easy-to-use action plans that are automatically created to fit to each customer’s financial situation or business life stage. It enables private bankers and asset managers to quickly and proactively identify opportunities, up-sell and cross-sell, and maximize lifetime value by increasing revenue per customer. Activities generated by action plans are easily and seamlessly synchronized with Outlook and Lotus Notes.
- Dynamic document assembly functionality that automatically generates contracts and financial agreements in PDF format.
- Team call planning functionality giving private bankers and asset managers a quick, graphical way of planning calls to clients, such as investment reviews. Activities for other team members on a client account can be easily designated in the plan and automatically scheduled to ensure that clients receive personalized, consistent service.
- Call reporting tools giving users a quick, intuitive way to log information from client calls, such as products discussed, into the Pivotal CRM system. With easy-to-use, automated call reports, asset management and private banking organizations can quickly capture client needs and preferences for up-selling and cross-selling campaigns and opportunities.
Pivotal Corporation is the only CRM company that is 100 percent purpose-built to serve the unique requirements of mid-sized enterprises. Pivotal delivers software and services that produce meaningful increases in revenues, margins and customer loyalty for companies and business units in the revenue range of $100 million to $3 billion. More than 1,500 companies around the world use Pivotal including: CIBC, Centex Homes, HarperCollins Publishers, Hitachi Telecom Inc., Premera Blue Cross, Royal Bank of Canada, Southern Company, and Vivendi.
Pivotal's complete CRM software suite includes capabilities in marketing, sales, service, contact centers, partner management and interactive selling. For more information, visit www.pivotal.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results of events to differ materially from those anticipated in our forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors, such as the need to develop, integrate and deploy applications to meet our customer's requirements, the possibility of development or deployment difficulties or delays, the dependence on our customer's satisfaction with Pivotal’s CRM, and such other risks involved in developing software solutions and integrating them with third-party software and services. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in our forward-looking statements are reasonable, individual results may vary, and we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements or other future events. Moreover, neither we nor anyone else assumes responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of forward-looking statements.